Mersing is part of the simple town living, which is fast disappearing in Malaysia due to heavy inflow of tourists. It’s a gateway to traditional Malay culture and naturalist living. For most, it’s a place where you get a ferry ride to Tioman island and many other islands nearby.
But we’re not here to discuss Mersing as checkpoint in the travelling route. We are here to talk about where one can stay and enjoy the simple living of Mersing and get to indulge in their culture, by checking into a Homestay and staying with locals.
We are going to start from the best rated and move downwards from there.
- Rooms are decent and clean.
- So are the washrooms with a geyser in every washroom for a hot shower.
- There’s a community kitchen where people can come cook.
- A common sitting area is available with Television.
- A day’s stay for 4 people would cost you around 75 USD.
- Booking fee refundable on Agoda.
- If you’re just one guest staying then you can probably split the bill, with other people; that you’re ready to share the room with.
- The site mentioned above is their WordPress site and tickets are booked via Agoda website.
- Location: No. 226, Jalan Seri Nakhoda 11, Taman Seri Nakhoda 1, Mersing, 86800 Mersing, Johor, Malaysia.
- Website: https://dnakhoda.wordpress.com/.
- Contact number: +60 19-766 1142.
- Google Rating: 5/5.
- The whole property from inside and outside is very picturesque.
- This homestay is in such a locality and place that you can easily opt to eat out and view scenic places by walking just 10-15 minutes.
- This place doesn’t have access to public transport, so you will have to use a rented vehicle. However, a short walk of 10 to 15 min will get you to the main roads.
Seaview Homestay Mersing
- Rooms and washrooms are neat and well maintained.
- You will have Hot water, but with a smaller geyser so you might have to wait.
- The owner is friendly and co-operative.
- For a room for 4 adults you will have to shell out 105 USD.
- This place doesn’t offer booking refund, if you book via their FB page.
- But if you go through MakeMyTrip, they offer free cancellation till the day before check in.
- Again, if you can split the bill with another guest and share the room; that would be cost effective.
- Location: 20, Jalan Sutera Indah 3, Kampung Seri Lalang, 86800 Mersing, Johor, Malaysia.
- Contact No. : +60 16-722 1706.
- Website (Facebook Page): https://www.facebook.com/seaviewhomestaymersing/
- This place is 4.6/5 on google.
- It is located on the seafront and the Jetty port is in the vicinity.
- It has local food outlets nearby.
Homestay Ulhaf Mersing
- Rooms are well furnished.
- All the apartments have Free Wifi and Private bathrooms.
- You can also go for the apartment which has a TV, electric kettle and other amenities.
- Washrooms are also neat and clean.
- The cost of a room for 2 adults is 32 USD.
- Booking is non-refundable.
- Rooms can be shared by guests.
- Location: No 41, Jalan Jeti, Bandar Tepian Sungai, 86800 Mersing, Johor, Malaysia.
- Contact No. : +60 19-750 5156.
- They don’t have a website, but you can find them on Booking.com easily.
- Google Rating: 4.1/5.
- Location wise its right in the heart of Mersing, with waterfront not far away.
- Great location for eating out, sight-seeing and getting to the know local culture and people.
- Its also recommended for backpackers since it is nearer to all the facilities and this place also has an ATM.
- Rooms are small and have two single beds.
- Washrooms are just decent.
- There is a community kitchen, TV, sofa, refrigerator, etc for the guests to use.
- They have a three Bedroom house which can accommodate a maximum of 8 guests.
- The whole place will cost you around 50 USD.
- The house can be shared by other guests too.
- Location: 246, Jalan Wawasan 19, Taman Wawasan, 86800 Mersing, Johor, Malaysia.
- Contact Number: +60 13-766 6226.
- Website: https://wawasan-homestay.business.site/.
- On Booking.com, you can get free cancellation for the period allowed.
- This place is rated 4/5 on google.
- Homestay gives a proper small-town look from the outside.
- No public transport nearby, so either walking or private vehicle can be used to commute.
- Place has a local Football field nearby, where travelers can play and interact with locals.
City View Homestay Mersing
- Rooms are amazing.
- Washrooms are also very well maintained.
- Basically, the whole place is made for chic, urban crowd.
- All the furniture, wall décor and amenities are like what you might use and have at your own place. So, this place will feel very homely.
- This place does have a few restrictions. No pets, no drinking, no smoking. No parties.
- Guests need to be quiet between 11 pm to 8 am.
- The place is a family suite, withvfour bedrooms and can accommodate a maximum of 8 guests.
- You must book the whole place at a price 90 USD.
- Cancellation allowed till few days after making the booking.
- You can share the place with other guests, so that you have to shell out less.
- Location: 85, Mersing Kechil, 86800 Mersing, Johor, Malaysia.
- Contact No.: +60 16-722 1706.
- Website/ Facebook page: https://m.facebook.com/CityviewHomestaymersing/.
- This place isn’t rated on google, but its available on Booking.com and rated much better than Homestay Ulaf Mersing.
- Location wise it’s also at the heart of Mersing. Naturally, a good place to eat out, go sight-seeing and interact with local culture.
That’s all for today folks. Hope you have a comfortable stay and enjoy the peace.